We are currently looking for an experienced, bright and motivated Electrical Service Technician to join our team.
Position: Electrical Service Technician
Report To: Service Manager
Location: Vancouver / Lower Mainland
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary / Rate: Competitive, dependent on experience
Shift Information: Day Shift with Scheduled On-Call Shifts
Minimum Experience: 3 Years as an Electrical Journeyman
As an Electrical Service Technician, you are a crucial part in delivering on our customer’s satisfaction. You are responsible for providing service for commercial properties and private residences including troubleshooting, installation, maintenance, and repair. Additionally, you will be involved with some industrial work, and will lead apprentices in projects.
- Perform tasks related to the construction, installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of electrical/electronic systems
- Assist in the installation, maintenance and repair of interior wiring systems, electrical equipment, conduit, cable, transformers, and switching equipment etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance. Troubleshoot and correct problems
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Work scheduled on-call shifts to respond to potential emergency calls
- Exhibit professionalism and perform all duties in a safe and proficient manner consistent with Nightingale policies and procedures
- Be knowledgeable of current electrical codes
- Think on your feet, be quick to solve problems
- Display accuracy and attention to detail, especially when completing paper work
- Communicate effectively with customers and your team
- Knowledge of motors and controls is an asset
- Red Seal Journeyman ticket
- Minimum 3 years experience as an Electrical Journeyman
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills; willingness to go above and beyond
- Expert trouble-shooting abilities
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Previous experience in a service environment is an asset
If you are a Journeyman that is customer service driven and motivated to bring success to Nightingale Electrical by being the face and skill of our Service Department, please apply to join our team! Please forward your cover letter and resume to employment[at]nightelect.com
No Apprentices please. Thank you for your interest, only successful candidates will be contacted.